SAPSF Scholarship Awards Will Be At Saddleback High School Theater In April 10.
The Santa Ana Public Schools Foundation is pleased to provide graduating seniors from all Santa Ana Unified School District high schools with the opportunity to apply for six different scholarships to support post-secondary educational goals. We encourage all seniors to consider applying for these scholarships. If selected, students will be notified in March and will receive the scholarship in April. We congratulate you on your current achievements and wish you every success in your future college plans!
Applications are available on this website. Click on the “Apply Now” button on the scholarship page. Please enter all of your information online. You will need to attach the responses to the essay questions as separate documents by using the “Choose File” button to connect to your document. When you are finished, you simply click on the “Send” button. The completed application must be submitted prior to the deadline, February 28, 2019. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
– 9 scholarships
- This scholarship is specifically awarded to students who will be attending Santa Ana College, and will participate in the Adelante Program, with plans to transfer to Cal State Fullerton or UC Irvine.
- To qualify, students need to complete the Early Decision Program for Santa Ana College.
- If selected, students must enroll in 9 college credits at Santa Ana College for the fall term.
Quick Start $500
– 5 scholarships
- This scholarship is awarded to students who have been focused on CTE certificate programs and wish to pursue a professional certificate in preparation for work.
- To qualify, students must have a 2.0 cumulative high school grade point average or better, and have been enrolled in a CTE program for two consecutive school years.
Retired SAUSD Administrators $500
– 5 scholarships
- This scholarship is for students who have achieved academic success, have been involved in community service, and have demonstrated exemplary leadership
- To qualify, students must have a 2.00 cumulative high school grade point average or higher
– 5 scholarships
- This scholarship is designed to recognize students demonstrating outstanding leadership and high academic achievement
- To qualify, students must have a 3.50 cumulative high school grade point average or higher
Santa Ana Business Supported $1,000
– 1 scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to one student who has worked or who has served in an internship while attending high school
- To qualify, students must have a 3.00 cumulative high school grade point average or higher
Nancy Diaz-Miller $1,500
– 2 scholarships
- These scholarships are for students who may have had to overcome life challenges and have been actively involved in their school and/or in the local Santa Ana community.
- These scholarships are in memory of Nancy Diaz-Miller, a retired SAUSD administrator. In her role as Director of Pupil Services and as an elementary school principal, Nancy dedicated her career to designing interventions to assist all students to be successful.
Counselor – Champion Of Character Scholarship $1,000
– 9 scholarships; one per comprehensive and educational option high school
- Each site counselor is being asked to nominate one student who has not previously been nominated for additional scholarships.
- SAPSF Scholarship Committee will review the recommendations and determine each site winner.
- Scholarship consideration is not for the candidate with the highest GPA but based on qualities that distinguish them from other at risk students.
- Candidates should be a student who the counselor has worked closely with and feels best exemplifies the ‘champion of character’ quality.
- Characteristics being sought are those that are outlined in the application; students who have endured and thrived in spite of hardships and setbacks to reach their high school graduation goal
Yes. Read the qualifications for each scholarship and apply for as many as you believe you qualify. You may apply for all scholarships, but you must meet the criteria for all of the scholarships.
The only scholarship that requires a student to attend a particular college is the Adelante Scholarship. That scholarship requires that you attend Santa Ana College and plan to transfer through the Adelante Program to either Cal State Fullerton or UC Irvine. Students applying for the Merit scholarships are expected to attend a university.
Students qualifying for admission to a California college or university as an AB 540 student or to any college or university under DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) are welcome and encouraged to apply for SAPSF scholarships. Make sure you work with your counselors and advisors to apply for the California Dream Act to be eligible for additional assistance if you are attending college in California.
Your cumulative high school grade point average will be verified through the school district.This will also be verified through the school district.
Contact your Higher Education Center or the Counseling Center at your high school or phone the Foundation office. You may also contact Audrey Yamagata-Noji, Scholarship Representative for the Foundation at email@example.com.
SAPSF APPLICATION DEADLINES:
High School Seniors – February 28, 2019
Counselors – February 15, 2019
All Winners Notified – March 21, 2019
SAPSF Scholarship Awards – March 21, 2019
Saddleback High School Theater